Friday, October 31, 2008

HALLOWEEN CHAOS

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. For years, I've always jumped right in to the spirit of halloween. I would purchase my candy for trick-or-treaters atleast a week in advance, if I were dressing up I would have an idea of what my costume would be pretty early in the month, I'd put halloween decorations up, carve pumpkins with my nieces and nephews. It would be nothing but complete Halloween bliss! This year --NOTHING! I haven't purchased halloween candy, I don't have a costume (for the halloween party that my husband and I are supposedly "hosting"), there are no spooky decorations up, and no cute pumpkin sitting on my doorstep. To top it off, IT'S HALLOWEEN TODAY. I've been at work all day today stressing about tonight. Hobart, (my husband), keeps assuring me that he's got everything under control. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! His definition of "under control" is as long as our house hasn't burned down everything is (repeat with me) "under control". This is the same guy that once plugged our christmas lights in to our swamp cooler on the roof and blew out the motor. Yup, same guy. He's been at home today getting everything ready for tonight. Maybe I don't give him enough credit. We'll just have to see. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

3 comments:

Leti Purcell-YoungYen said...

Ya you so junk with your sorry costume! Lol.

Purcell said...

Hello I just came from Malaela, very sad to see what the survivor had been through. Anyway my name is on the list but I'm still alive, it was my nephew. I'm still working as an Elders Quorum President in the new Samoan Ward the organised last month in Auckland NZ. I met Elder Siu Tafiti he is doing great here in Kiwi. I got two more years of study then we will move back to rebuild beautiful Malaela the home of the Purcell family. We miss you all especially your dad. Your husband is a great man, good friend and a loving priesthood holder of our Heavenly Father. My wife and my son JT send their love to you all. Love Joseph Purcell

~LORA~ said...

It's soo good to hear from you Joe. How is your beautiful family doing? Please send them my love. We sure do miss you here in Utah. We often think about you and the great times we had while you were here and serving as our Elders Quorum President. I was saddened to hear of the loss in Samoa and am very greatful to you and your family for helping in rebuilding our beautiful Malaela. Please keep in touch and email me. I would love to hear from you and Omi. I miss her. Love you.